Call for Nominations: Department of Medicine Awards in Quality and Innovation
There are two DoM Quality & Innovation awards:
- The William Goldie Prize and Travel Award in Quality Improvement & Innovation is awarded to a junior faculty member of the Department who is within ten years of initial appointment to the Department and who has made significant contributions that one would characterize as falling under the rubric of Quality Improvement & Innovation. Please note that the 10-year window of eligibility can be extended in cases where the nominee was off work due to parental or illness leave.
- The Department of Medicine Quality & Innovation Award recognizes outstanding leadership or academic contributions to the fields of healthcare quality, patient safety, and innovation. Examples might efforts to improve the degree to which patients receive proven aspects of care (e.g., increasing guideline concordant care), reducing harms to patients from medical care (patient safety), as well as innovations in health services delivery—new models care of that improve outcomes, the patient experience, or healthcare value. Consider nominating someone who was promoted to associate or full professor on basis of CPA whose work relates to quality improvement or innovation.
A list of previous winners is available on the Department of Medicine Prizes & Awards webpage.
In past years, nominations were solicited from Departmental Division Directors and Physicians in Chief. The DoM has opted to open nominations up to the whole department. If you are nominating a fellow faculty member, please notify the nominee and their DDD as well.
To submit a nomination, please fill out the nomination form found here. Your nominee must also email their full CV (including their CPA statement) directly to Christian Base at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 7, 2020. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the nomination.
Please also notify the nominee's Departmental Division Director (DDD) of this nomination and encourage them to also submit a nomination. Multiple nominations are welcome.
- Clinicians in Quality Improvement and other academic position descriptions engaged in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety work are eligible for these awards.
- University of Toronto Department of Medicine DDDs and Vice-Chairs are not eligible for nomination.
- Self-nomination is not allowed.
- All nominees must have a primary appointment to the Department of Medicine.
- Previous winners of an award may not be nominated again for the same award.
- Please notify the DDD of the nominee and encourage them to also submit a nomination. Multiple nominations are welcome.
Nominations will be reviewed by the DoM Q&I Awards Committees (one for each award) and winners will be announced at the 2020 DoM Annual Day.
The Department of Medicine is strongly committed to diversity within their communities and especially welcome applications from racialized persons/persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.