1. Looking for Funding?
Pivot – Community of Science funding opportunity database
- This is a funding database that the University of Toronto (U of T) subscribes to and as a faculty member you are entitled to an account. By claiming your account you can set-up customized searches for specific projects or research teams and receive regular email updates about funding opportunities that match your search criteria.
The Faculty of Medicine “What’s New in Research” listserv
- This is a curated list of funding opportunities that also includes notices about workshops and research related events at U of T and the Toronto Academic Health Sciences Network (TAHSN) hospitals. Updates are sent out several times a month and listed on the “What’s New in Research” webpage. Visit the Faculty of Medicine Research Office website to sign up to the listserv.
“Research Alerts” and the Research Funding Opportunities page on the Office of Research & Innovation website
- The Office of Research Services & Innovation sends out alerts regularly, keeping you up-to-date with the latest news about CIHR information sessions and U of T internal deadlines for major competitions.
Grant Development Services
The Faculty of Medicine Research Office offers FREE grant development services for grants being submitted through U of T. Contact the Grant Development Team in advance of busy deadline time to determine editing deadlines. It is worth the effort- they have an excellent track record of improving outcomes!
Several of the hospital research institutes also offer grant development services. Contact your hospital research institute for more details.
2. Applying for Grants?
All grant applications being administered through the U of T Office of Research Services & Innovation must go through My Research Application (MRA). This electronic system automatically ensures that your grant application goes through all the appropriate approvals, and allows for faster set-up of your grant, should you be successful. Use your UTORid to log in.
More information about MRA including the user guide and help desk phone number (416-946-5000) can be found on the Project RAISE webpage.
3. Viewing and Using Grant Funding?
- My Research Online (MROL) allows principle investigators to view information about their research funds administered by the U of T Office of Research Services & Innovation. Information about how to access the system and how to interpret the reports found there can be accessed here.
- For principle investigators in the Department of Medicine (DoM) please email your access request to Clare Mitchell, director of business and administration, and Amy Wong, finance.
- USource is a new online market place run by the U of T Procurement Office that offers a wide range of services, equipment, and supplies. To have your account set-up please contact Joanna King, research administrator, and Amy Wong, finance in the DoM.
- U of T MedStores offers a wide supply of research and scientific equipment and supplies at low prices. Although they are based in the basement of the Medical Sciences Building at U of T, they deliver to all the TAHSN hospitals and research institutes for a low flat rate.
For general queries or help with any of the above please contact:
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto
Suite RFE 3-805
190 Elizabeth Street, R. Fraser Elliott Wing